5 PILLARS OF SERVICE
Job Title: Advancement Services Coordinator
Department: Office of External Relations
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Dexter Southfield School, Brookline MA
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Through a classical education and innovative programming, students learn to lead with confidence and serve with compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just miles from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About Our Team
Our External Relations Office is made up of highly talented and professional team members who demonstrate exceptional commitment to customer service, excellence, and an unrelenting desire to surpass expectations. Their polish, expertise, and humility allow them to confidently collaborate with the Head of School, Board of Trustees, parents, alumni, volunteers, students, faculty, and peers. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment surrounded by positive teammates with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of initiative, this full-time Advancement Services position may be your next career opportunity.
You are an experienced advancement professional; a highly productive self-starter with excellent data-management, strategic, analytical, relationship-building, leadership, communications, and diplomacy skills. You are flexible and resilient, able to adapt to an ever-changing landscape, and pitch in whenever and wherever needed. A sharp attention to detail with data is your trademark. You have proven yourself as someone who can take on increased responsibility and you tackle competing priorities with integrity, humor, and sound judgment.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to assume the following responsibilities:
DATABASE MANAGEMENT, EXTRACTION, & REPORTING
- Oversee the daily operation of the Raiser’s Edge database. Maintain and regularly update all constituent records in The Raiser’s Edge, working directly with the External Relations team and/or relevant constituent groups (donors, alumni, etc) to keep accurate and up-to-date information.
- Manage integration of Raiser’s Edge data with other software throughout the School.
- Oversee the analysis and extraction of data through queries, exports, and custom and canned reporting.
- Produce and disseminate regular reporting to relevant stakeholders, including internal audiences, volunteers, and the Board of Trustees.
- Create, adapt, and maintain a Dexter Southfield External Relations Raiser’s Edge policy and procedure manual to document proper protocol around gift and data entry, appropriate use of data, gift acceptance, and moves management.
- Remain on top of industry trends. Make recommendations for process changes and improvements based on data, analysis, and industry best practice.
GIFT PROCESSING, ACKNOWLEDGMENT, & RECONCILIATION
- Quickly and accurately manage gift and pledge collection (online, stock, credit card, check, wire, cash, auto and payroll deduction, and matching gifts), analysis, processing, and entry of daily gift batches into Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage all aspects of deposits and the reconciliation of gifts entered in Raiser’s Edge with the Business Office.
- Serve as general liaison to the Business Office; manage all aspects of deposits and reconciliation of gifts entered in Raiser’s Edge. Lead the closing out of the fiscal and calendar year. Manage the External Relations Team’s contribution to the annual audit.
- Ensure compliance on all fiscal regulations and policies, perform high-level reconciliation, continuously improve and implement best practices for recording and reporting of departmental financial data.
- Process acknowledgment letters for all donations. Maintain complete and accurate paper and electronic files on all gifts, pledge reminders, receipts, and acknowledgements.
- Oversee pledge reminder calendar and the collection of pledge payments.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in best-in-class organizations, with demonstrated success and expertise in database management
- Fluency with Raiser’s Edge database
- Demonstrated track record of success with increased responsibility
- College degree preferredAt Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a culture in which employees feel valued and respected and are rewarded with a generous employee benefit package.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to:
The Venti Group, LLC
678 Massachusetts Ave, 10th FL
PO BOX 390759
Cambridge, MA 02139
CONTACT US FOR PLACEMENT SERVICES