5 PILLARS OF SERVICE
Job Title: Associate Director of Development Services
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: St. Anthony Shrine ,100 Arch Street, Boston, MA, 02110
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
In the heart of Downtown Crossing, St. Anthony Shrine is a prophetic Franciscan Catholic community welcoming all people through prayer and outreach. It is the responsibility of the Associate Director of Development Services to work in accordance with this mission.
St. Anthony Shrine, the “Church on Arch Street,” is a center for Roman Catholic ministries in Boston staffed by the Franciscan Friars of Holy Name Province. The central focus of the Shrine’s ministry has remained constant for 70 years: providing a convenient and prayerful setting for people desiring to praise and worship our God – currently through 39 masses per week, as well as an extensive schedule for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. The Shrine also has more than 20 outreach and evangelical ministries.
All are welcome. St. Anthony Shrine serves a diverse population in both corporal and spiritual ministries.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Associate Director of Development Services (ADDS) will serve as key partner with the Director of Development, and will be responsible for the strategic design, development and implementation of operational functions of the department to achieve its fundraising goals. The ADDS will provide oversight for the all fundraising operations and will lead the areas of data information, gift processing, record management, receipting and acknowledgments. The ADDS will also oversee external reporting and ensure best practices in development operations. As a visible leader and manager, the ADDS will supervise the development service team, as well as evaluate operations, analyze data and information, and recommend solutions. The ADDS needs to be proficient in Blackbaud products – NXT.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years experience in the fundraising environment.
- Knowledge of IRS regulations as they pertain to all aspects of charitable gifts
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Raiser’s Edge – NXT
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act independently and make decisions as required in the absence of the Director of Development.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with, but not limited to Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience with the Catholic culture.
- Knowledge and experience with the Franciscan charism is a plus.
- Work well with a diverse group of employees, friars, volunteers and vendors.
- Be punctual and able to meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Be respectful, honest, trustworthy and possess cultural awareness/sensitivity.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to:
The Venti Group, LLC
678 Massachusetts Ave, 10th FL
PO BOX 390759
Cambridge, MA 02139
CONTACT US FOR PLACEMENT SERVICES